Undoubtedly my favorite time of year, I love the long lazy days of summer. The sun and the birds are up by 5 am and I lose track of time until the purple shadows of dusk begin to creep in. On a breezy day I can take my laptop outside and work from the porch or patio. When the northeast humidity settles in, I retreat to my screened in cabin in the woods or seek out the coolness that an old farmhouse brings in warm weather.
Regardless of where I am, I’m always looking to stay hydrated and cool but try to stay away from sugary store-bought drinks or worse, the ones where the first ingredient is corn syrup. And while I try to drink lots of good old H2O, I’m always looking for a healthy alternative to the flavorful options offered at the market.
Below I’ve compiled a list of some flavorful refreshers that I’ve tried and some that I plan to try in the coming weeks. Enjoy YOUR summer days and stay cool!
1) Lemon Basil, Blackberry Mint, Peach Ginger, Coconut Lime Iced Teas (from A Sweet Pea Chef)
2) Coconut Water Iced Coffee (from Gimme Some Oven)
3) Iced Vanilla Bean Latte (from Against All Grain)
4) 3-Ingredient Lemonade (from The Busy Baker)
5) Healthy Smoothies (from She Likes Food)