Hurry Up Summer!
I love summer! I don’t mind the heat, I love the longer hours of daylight, I love all the outdoor activities and not having to put on layers of clothing. I love where I live and enjoying 4 seasons, but honestly, if summer could last a little longer, I wouldn’t be upset.
It seems like we wait and wait for summer. For the snow to melt, for the spring flowers to pop up, for the summer solstice to arrive. And then, somehow, it all fades away in the blink of an eye. I think sometimes I’m so busy enjoying summer, I forget to REALLY enjoy it.
So here we are, the beginning of August. Shopping for back-to-school has begun, I guarantee we will be hearing about Pumpkin Spice Lattés in NO time, and the leaves are even beginning to show a few peaks of red and gold. So folks, this is it, the time to get in all those things you wanted to do this summer. What am I talking about?
- Go for a hike
- Have a picnic in the woods or at the beach
- Schedule an al fresco lunch with friends
- Go kayaking or canoeing
- Go to an outdoor concert or theater show
- Go zip lining or white water rafting
- Go to a vineyard and try a wine tasting
- Pick wildflowers and make bouquets for family and friends
- Find a wildlife sanctuary or state park to visit and enjoy nature
There are so many things to do out there, but the clock is ticking. Many of these options are not available or pleasurable in colder weather. So try to enjoy each moment before fall creeps up on us!